Networking can be intimidating—are people actually comfortable walking into a room of strangers and sparking up conversation? Attending networking events makes you get out of your comfort zone and test your boundaries. But did you know that this allows you to not only grow professionally but personally, too?
There is always so much happening in St. Louis, and there are professional development or casual networking events all the time. Here’s a list of some of my top spots and suggestions on where to connect with other creative professionals:
- Meetups: There is a Meetup group for everything and anything under the sun, so check out their website and search for any particular topic you’re looking for such as “digital marketing” or “technology.” You are bound to find some kind of group or event to join!
- St. Louis Women In Tech Exchange: I attended a “Women In Tech” event earlier this year and my eyes were opened to a whole new world of community and support. This Meetup in particular was founded for women in technology looking to be empowered and celebrated for their place in tech.
- STLX: Are you interested in learning more about the User Experience space? Whether you’re a designer, developer, researcher of product manager, STLX is an excellent resource to meet others who are just as passionate as you are about the user experience. Plus, they host speakers to share market trends and resources to better your work!
- Eventbrite: This amazing website is home to thousands of events in the area. While you’re looking for something to do on Saturday night, take a peek at the business and networking section.
- 314 Digital: Stay up-to-date on all things digital marketing happening in the “314” with an organization dedicated to education and career development. 314 Digital hosts free monthly breakfast panels on various topics in the digital space. Last month I attended their event on reaching consumers in their purchase journey with high-level digital marketers on the panel and was able to meet marketing professionals from all over STL!
- Venture Cafe: Check out Venture Cafe every Thursday from 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. for weekly gatherings to connect innovators in a collaborative and engaging environment. Let them know if you’re new and one of their staff members will help introduce you to the group. It is a fun and helpful way to spend a Thursday!
- Creatives On Call: We are here to help you thrive while you strive. From the moment we first meet you’re officially part of the COC family! Join us for our monthly Coffee With Creatives events and Portfolio Revamps at local coffee shops, free Digital Workshops or our biannual Happy Hour at some of your favorite spots around town. Stay tuned on all the events we have to offer you to make networking easy!