What the Job is:
Our Client is seeking an Account Executive for its full-service in-house ad agency to work closely with internal clients and company owners to develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications.
We are looking for a problem solver, a fast learner, an idea generator, a right and left brain thinker. The kind of person has a fire burning to always learn more and make an impact in changing the retail industry, and who doesn’t stop at the status quo. We need that person who always has a creative idea brewing, and thrives on team collaboration and the challenge of developing unique ways to deliver an impactful message across communication channels that are both relevant and on-trend. One that has an appreciation for the minor details - that make a profound impact on customer service, and developing trustworthy relationships with clients – but can step back and look at the bigger picture. Think of a brand manager or account executive that was at an agency would be an ideal candidate for this position!
*Primary hours are Monday through Friday, 8 AM-5 PM, may include some evenings and weekends
-Build and maintain solid partnerships with assigned internal clients to better develop, coordinate, direct and facilitate strategic communications designed to meet business goals.
-Design campaigns to adequately target specific audiences, placing an emphasis and discipline on campaign performance to help with recommendations for future programs.
-Responsible for researching and understanding key business challenges, customer behavior, target audiences, competitive activity and environmental factors that impacts programs within the store and assigned departments.
-Provide hands-on advertising support for assigned store departments, paying close attention to timelines.
-Identify and present opportunities for consistency in messaging and customer experience across channels from in store signage to digital to print.
-Develop understanding of department short & long term goals and planned initiatives.
-Adjust and communicate plan changes as necessary to ensure costs for materials, media, and labor are in line with the sales potential for a specific product or campaign.
-Work with leadership to keep a pulse on overall store activity to identify cross marketing opportunities.
-Keep informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications, supermarkets and other retailers to foster ideas and innovation.
-Develop content and direct creative execution that provides a consistent, targeted and impactful message.
-This role requires strong versatile copywriting skills for print and broadcast advertising, magazines and newsletters, web, social media, in-store point-of-sale materials, media releases and corporate communications.
-Direct in-house and external graphic designers, photographers and other media-production specialists integral to the completion of marketing projects.
-Contribute ideas for new in-store programs; research and recommend branding.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications or equivalent
- Seeking 7 - 10 years of advertising or marketing experience
- Service-oriented attitude with a focus on client satisfaction
- Excellent copywriting and creative skills.
- Must be creative in both thought process and writing style
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Good organizational, planning and coordination skills; ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess a sense of urgency, self-motivated and detail minded
- Strong interpersonal skills; builds collaborative relationships
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic and facilitation skills required
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues; involves the right people to work through complexities and identify potential solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems experience
Job Type: Account Manager
Industry: B2C, Food & Beverage
Hours: 40 Hours/week
Dress Code: Business Casual
Posted By: Creatives On Call - St. Louis
Job Number: STL015301
Date Posted: 11/07/2019