Our client is a global purpose communication consultancy with offices across the US and internationally. Their mission is to work with clients to find their authentic ambition to make a positive impact on society. Crafting a unique brand position and building the internal and external communication strategies that drive perception and the bottom line. We know that having a clear purpose is essential to building a customer base that will support and advocate on behalf of any organization in any situation. And we can prove that companies with recognized values and vision perform better, year over year.
The Account Supervisor position will assist in managing clients in the healthcare sector who are facing public affairs issues. The position would be responsible for managing opportunities and issues on multiple fronts, particularly healthcare access and affordability. The position requires proven expertise, knowledge and understanding of the relevant stakeholder, media and thought leader mindsets on these issues combined with ability to reach all constituencies with messages and materials that impact awareness, attitudes and action. The work is fast-paced, the team is located in multiple offices and the clients require an account supervisor who is flexible and adept at managing multiple work streams while also anticipating emerging needs.
- Serving as a day-to-day client engagement lead on key healthcare policy issues and pharmaceutical industry public affairs projects, with an emphasis on access, affordability and reform
- Integrating and managing several work streams across offices and specialty services
- Coordinating messaging, stakeholder engagement and media relations efforts to support clients’ positions and provide context around the broader healthcare landscape
- Supporting overall account and budget management
- Overseeing client deliverables
- Supporting new business efforts
- 5+ total years of PR/communications experience, PR agency experience is preferred but not required
- Content development, including writing long-form articles, social media posts and issue briefs
- Issues management expertise within healthcare; pharmaceutical public affairs experience and knowledge of the drug pricing landscape
- Event experience, particularly as it pertains to preparation for executives and identifying thought leadership opportunities
- Familiarity with managing digital and social campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and with ease, so you must be organized and detail-oriented
- Passion to grow and coach junior team members and direct reports
- Successful track record in managing and growing client business
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize projects to successfully manage and mitigate issues
- Confidence to share opinions with the client
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Experience working with large teams across remote locations
*MUST have 2+ years of experience working within the healthcare industry to be considered.