Since 1945, our client has remained steadfast in their mission to provide a wide range of American-made products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices. In fact, every product they offer comes from one of their factories in Missouri. They are a leader in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide and value innovative thinking, leadership, and hard work. They are looking to bring on a Director of Marketing to support a new role within the organization.
What is the Job
The Director of Marketing Communications will manage the business, quality, creative services, and operations of our global marketing communication strategy, comprised of an in-house agency and external creative and PR agencies in the U.S.
You will work closely with the Owner and Business Unit Heads to develop and execute a strategy that will support aggressive sales growth and business development initiatives worldwide. The Director of Marketing Communications should expect to work cross-functionally with numerous groups in the company, including the Sales & Marketing divisions and the Digital Marketing team, to develop holistic visual communications solutions as well as provide ongoing creative support to meet the needs and objectives of business units.
- Collaborate directly with business leaders, sales managers, senior management, and marketing on the creation of a communications strategy.
- Measure, assess, and improve the impact of communications materials programming with the rigorous deployment of contemporary measurement tools.
- Drive the creation of a consistent look and feel to represent each of the company’s various businesses.
- Lead the creation of exceptional marketing communication materials to help grow sales.
- Assist business units with annual planning and marketing budgets.
- Provide direction and guidance to all graphic designers to ensure the final creative product is on strategy, maintains the creative integrity of the original concept, and meets the company’s quality standards.
- Balance multiple priorities and facilitate communication between teams to meet project deadlines and commitments using strong project management skills; keep internal clients informed of projects and progress.
- Demonstrate creativity, strong oral and written communication, listening skills, decision-making skills, and situational flexibility.
- Research and share best practices and emerging technologies in design and visual communication as they pertain to specific projects and objectives.
- The functions of this role include Creative Services, which includes Graphic Design, Creative Content for Web, Digital vehicles, all forms of social media, and in-house print collateral.
-Coordination with Sales and Marketing, which includes Trade shows, Customer experience, and showrooms, Display, and Sales, and managing Agency relationships,
-Once in the role, this person will attend and contribute to interdepartmental meetings, discovery sessions, demos, and cross-functional pro
-Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in Strategic Communications or Marketing preferred.
-7+ years of progressive experience with end-to-end strategic communications and creative design in a fast-paced environment required.
-3+ years must have been in a leadership role.
-The best candidate will exhibit positivity, accountability, transparency, intellectual curiosity, and a willingness to collaborate in a global, multi-stakeholder company.
-Any knowledge and/or experience with designing materials, booths, sets, and vignettes for tradeshows is a plus.
-A proven track record of delivering impactful campaigns and collateral, ideally in both B2B and B2C models.
-Experience in measuring the effectiveness of marketing communications campaigns in driving traffic into the sales funnel using both traditional and digital initiatives.
-A track record of developing people with a proven ability to effectively lead others.
-Strong written and verbal communications skills.
-Global experience a plus.
-Effective presentation skills and confidence in pitching ideas.
-In-depth knowledge of color theory, typography, and composition preferred.
-Understanding the production process—capable of taking a design from concept to production.
-Must perform well in high-pressure situations and be able to balance competing priorities.
-Demonstrate a desire to succeed and a passion for strategic and creative problem-solving.
-Extensive experience in Marketing Communications or related areas.
-Preferred corporate experience
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
*To be considered for hire, you must have an extensive portfolio for review that demonstrates design, brand, and campaign expertise
- The position will require U.S and International travel up to 10% - 15 % per year.
-The position requires flexibility and availability for potential travel throughout the year, such as attending premier industry tradeshows.