Project Assignment | 3 - 6 Month Contract | Onsite | O'Fallon, MO
The Creative Services Department creates designs, concepts, layouts, printing and assembly to support Sales and Marketing for all company divisions. This role will be an integral part of the Creative Services Department.
- Responsible for creating designs, concepts and layouts to be used in a variety of creative projects including brochures, catalogs, literature, displays, tradeshow POP’s, banners, posters, forms, newsletters, technical illustrations, instruction manuals, product plan views, presentations, etc.
- Operate various in‐house graphics department equipment (must be willing to learn), including:
o Multipurpose Canon ImagePress color press and Oce VarioPrint B&W printer
o Large format printers
o CD/DVD Printer and CD/DVD duplicators
o Small and large format scanners
o Laminators, spiral book binding, perfect binding, creaser, 3-side book trimming system, and 3-hole drill press
o Digital cameras, digital video cameras, LCD Projectors, etc.
- Responsible for all phases of specing, quoting, planning (workflow management and vendor negotiation) processing and payment of invoices for print buying.
- Will be required to develop templates using (PrintSource/InDesign) for all future literature projects that will link specifications and photos to OneSource Content Management database.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at the corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or similar field required.
• Two or more years of related experience required.
• Five or more years of related experience preferred.
• Strong abilities and proficiency in Macintosh OS X platform and the following software applications required:
o Adobe Creative Cloud (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Bridge).
o Adobe Acrobat Pro X.
o Presentation programs such as Keynote 6.6 and Powerpoint 2017.
o Microsoft Word and Excel.
o Microsoft Office 365.
o Knowledge of iPad and iPhone platform.
• Knowledge of Blender, Adobe Premier Adobe After Effects, and Digital Media Asset Software, Cinema 4D or Maya and Filemaker Pro would be helpful but not required.
• Basic knowledge of website graphic formats (HTML, PDF, Java and etc.).
• Knowledge of four‐color printing process - preflight and collection of materials for projects printed with outside print companies.
• Knowledge of graphic design elements using font management, illustrations and photography (outlining images and photo manipulating skills required).
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-discipline with the ability to plan, schedule, organize, monitor, and administrate various projects at the same time to meet production schedules with very tight deadlines.
• Ability to multi‐task between various formats, software and company divisions.
• Ability to train others and switch projects around frequently within the department.
• Great attention to detail is required to proof materials for quality control.
• Ability to work with outside translation companies translating various English literature projects to Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Arabic, etc. Placing translation copy into original layout document will be required.
• Designer needs to be open to new idea influences and be quick to react to changing design trends. Requires innovation/initiativ
The hours for this position are 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Job Type: Graphic Designer
Hours: 40 Hours/week
Posted By: Creatives On Call - St. Louis
Job Number: STL013315
Date Posted: 12/13/2018
For More InformationContact:
Design & Production:– Illustrator