We are in search of a UX Designer to create engaging user experiences by designing, developing, and supporting web application projects for a top class tech company. This opportunity is for skilled User Experience (UX) research and design practitioners who will create engaging user experiences across multiple digital touchpoints including retail consumer apps, responsive web apps, point-of-sale, and kiosks. Along with strong design acumen and attention to detail, ideal candidates apply user-centered design, usability, and human factors research techniques to the design of exceptional products. Ideal candidates are product designers that keep a firm pulse on the latest technology and design trends, and collaborate with clients and team members to define, estimate, create, and deliver the entire visual layer that conform to industry best practices. This lucky candidate will collaborate with clients and team members to define, estimate, create and deliver the entire visual layer that conforms to brand and industry standards.
Applicants must have experience with traditional user experience (UX) principles and processes such as task flow analysis, wireframing, prototyping, and usability analysis. All project teams utilize agile project methodologies such as pair programming and test-driven development (TDD) and candidates must be able to flourish in a highly collaborative environment.
You must have significant working experience with all facets of user-centered design practices such as, contextual inquiry, persona development, task analysis, journey mapping, wire-framing, high-fidelity UI design, prototyping, and usability testing/evaluation. UX Consultants are embedded on every software team and are responsible for overseeing product design throughout the entire development process and must champion user-centered design through implementation.
Candidates should have 2 - 5 years’ experience with the following knowledge, skills, and attributes to be successful:
- Excellent design skills working with typography, layout, and color
- Experience leading digital retail brand engagements
- Experience with omni-channel UX/UI design
- Proven knowledge and experience with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative user research activities
- Experience with inclusive and accessible design principles and guidelines
- Experience in responsive design
- Knowledge of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Knowledge of usability patterns, standards, and information architecture principles
- Ability to dig in and understand complex models, business processes, and technologies
- Ability to persevere when complexity presents itself
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to work within a team context and independently with minimal direction when required
- Must be willing to travel occasionally for user research activities
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
All candidates will be required to show a portfolio of past work.
Ability to give and receive Feedback.
Possesses a high level of Integrity.
Must be Flexible.
Continuously Develops Others.
Able to intuitively understand the way people think and work.
Models Leadership qualities.
Is a catalyst for Change.
Fosters Excellence in Communication.